Creating Confident Caregivers ®
Are you caring for someone with Alzheimer's Disease, dementia or memory loss?
Learn More About:
- Reducing caregiver stress
- Improving caregiver confidence
- Finding caregiver resources
- Making time to care for yourself
- Understanding dementia/memory loss
- Understanding behavior caused by dementia/memory loss
- Learning to handle everyday activities more easily
- Developing techniques to assist people with dementia
This FREE workshop utilizes the Savvy Caregiver Program, a university-tested program that helps caregivers understand behaviors caused by dementia and memory loss and teaches them skills and strategies to help increase their caregiving skills and how to take care of themselves.
Participants will receive a manual and the class will provide activities and homework that gives them the opportunity to practice new skills, put the knowledge to work and assess how things are going.
Creating Confident Caregivers is a six-week, once-a-week class. As part of this program, if you need it, respite care for your family member is provided free of charge so you can attend all six sessions.
For more information about upcoming classes, please call Anne at 269.441.0920 or email us.
Funded in part by the Michigan Office of Services to the Aging and Region 3B Area Agency on Aging.