The National Family Caregiver Support Program
The National Family Caregiver Support Program (NFCSP) was established in November 2000. It is funded by the Administration on Aging through Area Agencies on Aging and designed to help family members care for their loved ones at home.
Services are available for Caregivers who are:
- Family members caring for someone 60 years of age or older.
- Caregivers who are 60 years of age or older and care for a disabled adult over 18 or for another older adult, age 60 or older.
- Caring for a loved one who needs assistance with 2 or more Activities of Daily Living (ADL's)
- Residents of Calhoun County.
- Information and referrals
- Support groups
- Caregiver training
- Supplemental services
- Caregiver Resource Library
SHP contracts with local agencies to provide respite care and counseling services. All contract agencies must meet minimum service standards that apply to all providers as well as the standards for their particular service.
For more information about the National Family Caregiver Program, please contact Anne Clark at 269.441.0920 or email us.